NOTICE Regular Council Meeting Tuesday January 9, 2018
Notice is hereby given that the governing body of the Town of San Felipe will meet at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at the Town Hall
Council Meeting Room located at 927 Sixth Street for the purpose of considering the following agenda.
________________________ Bobby Byars, Mayor
January 9, 2018
I. Call to Order
II. Quorum Check
III. Opening Prayer
IV. Pledge of Allegiance
V. Approval of Minutes from previous meeting(s)
VI. Approval of Financial Statements and Bills for payment
VII. Reports: Police Department, Municipal Court, San Felipe/Frydek Volunteer Fire Department
VIII. Citizen's Comments: This is the opportunity for visitors and guest to address the City Council on any issue. City Council may not
discuss any presented issue, nor may any action be taken on any issue at this time. (Attorney General Opinion-JC-0169)
IX. Old Business: OSSF applications, Building Permits, Keys to the Lower pasture
X. New Business:
1. Discussion and possible action to consider authorization for the procurement for professional services of a Grant Administration firm for
application and implementation services for a 2016 CDBG-grant.
2. Discussion and possible action to consider authorization for the procurement for a consulting Engineering firm for engineering services for a
3. Discussion and possible action on whether to proceed with an application by Rebecca Weber to vacate the unimproved portion of Lucas Aleman Street
between Fourth Street and Fifth Street in the Town of San Felipe.
4. Discussion and possible action authorizing the retention of an appraiser to conduct an appraisal of the unimproved portion of Lucas Aleman Street between
Fourth Street and Fifth Street in the Town of San Felipe.
5. Discussion and possible action calling a public hearing on February 13, 2018, for consideration of abandonment of the unimproved portion of Lucas
Aleman Street in the Town of San Felipe.
6. Discussion and possible action relating to the early release of Irrevocable Letter of Credit from Kriti Energy TE, Inc. for the benefit of the
Town of San Felipe, Texas.
7. Discussion and possible action partially terminating a restrictive covenant on the following property: Being a 1.673 acre tract of land and being all
of Block 25 of the New Addition to the Town of San Felipe in the San Felipe de Austin League, Abstract 5, City of San Felipe, Austin County, Texas,
according to a map or plat of said Town recoded in Volume 17, page 348 of the Plat Records of Austin Count, Texas.
8. Discussion and possible action adopting an ordinance calling for a municipal election on Saturday, May 5, 2018, for the Town of San Felipe, Austin County
Texas; establishing the procedure for the general municipal election for the purpose of electing three (3) alderman/persons for two year terms each.
9. Discussion and possible action authorizing Mayor Bobby Byars to execute an Interlocal Agreement for Street Maintenance between Austin County Precinct #3 and
Precinct #4 and the Town of San Felipe.
10. Discussion and possible action adopting Resolution No.R2018-1 - A Resolution of the Town of San Felipe to appoint a Director to the Austin County
Appraisal District's Board of Directors.
XI. Executive Session: Pursuant to Government Code 551.074 the Town Council will meet in closed executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment,
reassignment or duties of a public employee, to wit: streets maintenance worker, code enforcement officer and building inspector.
XII. Open Session: Council may take any appropriate deliberation and/or action from executive session.
I, Sue Foley, Town Secretary, certify that the above Notice of Special Council Meeting was posted at the Town Hall of the Town of San Felipe on, Friday, January 5, 2018 at 5:10 p.m. pursuant to the Texas Government Code Chapter 551 (Opening Meetings Act).
_________________________ Sue Foley, Town Secretary
THIS FACILITY IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE. REQUESTS FOR ACCOMMODATIONS OR INTERPRETIVE SERVICE MUST BE MADE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THIS MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN SECRETARY'S OFFICE AT (979) 885-7035 OR FAX (979) 885-0747 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Texas Local Government Code Section 102.005 Notice
"This budget will raise more total property taxes than last year's budget by $14,789 which is 11.09%, and of that amount $4,386.79 is tax revenue to be raised from new property added to the tax roll this year."