NOTICE Regular Council Meeting/Public Hearing (Budget) Tuesday September 11, 2018
Notice is hereby given that the governing body of the Town of San Felipe will meet at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 11 2018 at the Town Hall
Council Meeting Room located at 927 Sixth Street for the purpose of considering the following agenda.
________________________ Bobby Byars, Mayor
September 11, 2018
I. Call to Order
II. Quorum Check
III. Opening Prayer
IV. Pledge of Allegiance
V. Approval of Minutes from previous meeting(s)
VI. Approval of Financial Statements and Bills for payment
VII. Reports: Police Department Municipal Court and San Felipe-Frydek Volunteer Fire Department
VIII. Citizen's Comments (3 Minutes)
IX. Old Business:
1. Report of OSSF Applications
2. Building Permits
3. Lower pasture keys
X. New Business:
1. Discussion and possible action concerning a presentation from Mr. Randy Bayer, CPI, GMB regarding building inspections for the town.
2. Discussion and possible action concerning a presentation from Mr. Douglas Calame Director of Business Development/Client Relations for Perdue
Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott LLP.
3. Discussion and possible action to designate a representative and alternate for the purpose of attending the Houston-Galveston are Council 2019
4. Discussion and possible action to expedite the bid process for health, life and dental insurance for town employees for fiscal year 2018-2019.
5. Discussion and possible action to enforce town ordinances.
6. Public Hearing on Town of San Felipe Budget for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019.
7. Discussion and possible action on an ordinance adopting a budget for fiscal year 2018-2019.
8. Discussion and possible action to adopt an ordinance setting a property tax rate for the Town of San Felipe, Texas for the 2018 tax year at
$0.152 per $100.00 valuation.
9. Discussion and possible action to adopt an ordinance adopting a homestead exemption for residents of the Town of San Felipe, Texas who are
disabled or over 65 years of age as allowed by Texas Tax Code Chapter 11.
10. Discussion and possible action to retain legal counsel to prepare job descriptions for the Towns' employees and officers, and to update the
Town's personnel policies.
11. Discussion concerning town property behind festival grounds.
12. Discussion and possible action adopting an Ordinance ratifying the closure, vacation and abandonment a porting of Lucas Aleman Street;
acknowledging a public hearing; ratifying the Mayor's execution of a Quitclaim Deed; directing the proceeds from the sale of the city's interest
in said street be deposited in the street improvement fund of the city; and authorizing a changed location for the town's reserved utility
XI. Comments and future agenda items from council.
I, Sue Foley, Town Secretary, certify that the above Notice of Special Council Meeting was posted at the Town Hall of the Town of San Felipe on, Friday, September 7, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. pursuant to the Texas Government Code Chapter 551 (Opening Meetings Act).
_________________________ Sue Foley, Town Secretary
THIS FACILITY IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE. REQUESTS FOR ACCOMMODATIONS OR INTERPRETIVE SERVICE MUST BE MADE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THIS MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN SECRETARY'S OFFICE AT (979) 885-7035 OR FAX (979) 885-0747 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Texas Local Government Code Section 102.005 Notice
"This budget will raise more total property taxes than last year's budget by $14,789 which is 11.09%, and of that amount $4,386.79 is tax revenue to be raised from new property added to the tax roll this year."