NOTICE Special COUNCIL MEETING/Public Hearing Tuesday September 19, 2017
Notice is hereby given that the governing body of the Town of San Felipe will meet at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at the Town Hall
Council Meeting Room located at 927 Sixth Street for the purpose of considering the following agenda.
________________________ Bobby Byars, Mayor
September 19, 2017
I. Call to Order
II. Quorum Check
III. Opening Prayer
IV. Pledge of Allegiance
V. Citizen's Comments
VI. New Business:
1. Discussion/possible action relating to the community center.
2. Discussion/possible action relating the early release of Irrevocable Letter of Credit from Kriti Energy TE, Inc. for the benefit
of the Town of San Felipe, Texas.
3. Discussion/possible action concerning insurance quotes for health, life and dental insurance for town employees for fiscal year 2017-2018.
4. Public Hearing on the Town of San Felipe budget for fiscal year beginning October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018.
5. Discussion/possible action on an Ordinance adopting a Budget for Fiscal year 2017-2018 beginning October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018.
6. Discussion and possible action to adopt an Ordinance setting a property tax rate for the Town of San Felipe, Texas for the 2017-2018 tax
year at 0.14821 per $100.00 valuation.
7. Discussion and possible action to adopt an Ordinance adopting a Homestead Exemption for residents for the Town of San Felipe, Texas
who are disabled or over 65 years of age as allowed by Texas Tax Code Chapter 11.
VII. Executive Session: Pursuant to Government Code 551.074 the Town Council will meet in closed session to deliberate the appointment, employment
evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of public employee Police Officer Earnest Rose, Jr.
VIII. Open Session: Council may take any appropriate deliberation and/or action form executive session.
I, Sue Foley, Town Secretary, certify that the above Notice of Special Council Meeting was posted at the Town Hall of the Town of San Felipe on, Friday, September 15, 2017 at 10:33 a.m., pursuant to the Texas Government Code Chapter 551 (Opening Meetings Act).
_________________________ Sue Foley, Town Secretary
THIS FACILITY IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE. REQUESTS FOR ACCOMMODATIONS OR INTERPRETIVE SERVICE MUST BE MADE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THIS MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN SECRETARY'S OFFICE AT (979) 885-7035 OR FAX (979) 885-0747 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Texas Local Government Code Section 102.005 Notice
"This budget will raise more total property taxes than last year's budget by $14,789 which is 11.09%, and of that amount $4,386.79 is tax revenue to be raised from new property added to the tax roll this year."