TOWN OF SAN FELIPE Special Council Meeting Tuesday
September 26, 2023
Notice is hereby given that the governing body of the Town of San Felipe will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at the Town Hall
Council Meeting Room located at 927 Sixth Street for the purpose of considering the following agenda.
The public may listen to the meeting by dialing in to the following toll-free number: Tel:1-346-248-7799, Meeting ID: 890 1818 0635
Please note: Anyone wishing to address the Town Council must submit their written comments by emailing email@example.com. Comments must
be received before 5:00 P.M. on September 26, 2023. Written comments will be provided to the Council.
________________________ Bobby Byars, Mayor
September 26, 2023
I. Call to Order
II. Quorum Check
III. Opening Prayer
IV. Pledge of Allegiance
V. Citizen's comments (3 Minutes: This is the opportunity for visitors and guests to address the Town Council on any issue. The Town Council may not discuss any
presented, issue, nor may action be taken on any issue at this time (Attorney General Opinion - JD- 0169).
VI. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Discussion and possible action concerning repairs at the festival grounds.
VII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Discussion and possible action to adopt Ordinance No.2023-3 - AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN OF SAN FELIPE, TEXAS AMENDING THE BUDGET FOR THE FISCAL
YEAR OCTOBER 1, 2022 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2023, IN ACCORDANCE WITH EXISTING STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS; FINDING MUNICIPAL PURPOSES; AUTHORIZING EXPENDITURES; PROVIDING
FOR A SEVERABILITY CLAUSE; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
2. Public Hearing for the purpose of discussion and considering action on the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2023-2024.
3. Public Hearing for the purpose of discussion and considering action on setting a property tax rate for the Town of San Felipe, Texas for the 2023-2024 tax year
4. Discussion and possible action to adopt Ordinance No.2023-4 - AN ORDINANCE MAKING APPROIATIONS FOR THE SUPPORT OF THE TOWN OF SAN FELIPE, TEXAS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR
2023-2024 BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2023 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2024; PROVIDING FOR THE ADOPTION ON THE ANNUAL BUDGET FOR THE 2023-2024 FISCAL YEAR FOR THE TOWN OF SAN FELIPE,
TEXAS; PROVIDING FOR A PUBLICATION CLAUSE; SEVERABILITY CLAUSE; REPEALER CLAUSE, OPEN MEETING CLAUSE, AND EFFECTIVE DATE.
5. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No.R2023-8 -A RESOLUTION RATIFYING THE FISCAL YEAR 2023-2024 OPERATING BUDGET OF THE TOWN OF SAN FELIPE.
6. Discussion and possible action to adopt Ordinance No.2023-5- AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN OF SAN FELIPE, TEXAS APPROVING AND LEVYING THE AD VALOREM TAX RATE OF $0.12220 PER ONE
HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) OF ASSESSED VALUATION OF ALL TAXABLE PROPERTY WITHIN THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE TOWN FOR THE USE AND SUPPORT OF THE MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT OF THE
TOWN OF SAN FELIPE, TEXAS FOR THE 2023-2024 FISCAL YEAR; PROVIDING FOR APPORTIONING OF EACH LEVY FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES; PROVIDING WHEN TAXES SHALL BECOME DUE AND WHEN
THE SAME SHALL BECOME DELINQUENT IF NOT PAID; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY, REPEALER, AND OPEN MEETINGS; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
7. Discussion and possible action to adopt Ordinance No.2023-6- AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING A HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE TOWN OF SAN FELIPE, TEXAS WHO ARE DISABLED OR
OVER 65 YEARS OF AGE AS ALLOWED UNDER TEXAS TAX CODE, CHAPTER 11.
VIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
1. Pursuant to Government Code 551.074, the Town Council will meet in close executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, compensation,
and/or duties, of public employee: Jeffrey Sharp, Police Department
IX. OPEN SESSION:
1. The Town Council may take action on items discussed in closed session.
X. Comments and future agenda items from council.
I, Sue Foley, Town Secretary, certify that the above Notice of Special Council Meeting was posted at the Town Hall of the Town of San Felipe on, Friday, September 22, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. pursuant to the Texas Government Code Chapter 551 (Opening Meetings Act).
________________________ Sue Foley, Town Secretary
THIS FACILITY IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE PARKING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE. REQUESTS FOR ACCOMMODATIONS OR INTERPRETIVE SERVICE MUST BE MADE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THIS MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN SECRETARY'S OFFICE AT (979) 885-7035 OR FAX (979) 885-0747 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.